General Electric Company is an American multinational conglomerate incorporated in New York City and headquartered in Boston. As of 2018, the company operates through the following segments: aviation, healthcare, power, renewable energy, digital industry, additive manufacturing and venture capital and finance. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of the industry. Today, GE is best known for its work in the Power, Renewable Energy, Aviation and Healthcare industries.
Responsibilities of Software Engineer
Responsible for developing middleware integrations under the direction of Senior team members and Middleware architects. Will also be responsible for developing Automations and Chatbot use cases under the direction of senior team members.
- Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
- Awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Ability to write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Comfortable in building features such as web services and Queries on existing tables.
- Understands core data structures and algorithms and has the ability to implement them using the language of choice. Is eager to pair and learn.
- Understands the importance of test-driven development and high-quality output.
- Is open to receiving guidance and direction; asks questions and communication challenges.
- Learn multiple technologies to solve different problems and use cases.
Salary: INR 20 LPA CTC (undisclosed, InternBit estimate)
Eligibility of Software Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 0-2 years of professional experience
- Basic understanding of Operating systems, Databases and applications and their interactions with each other.
- Ability to write basic SQL queries to work with databases.
- Understand the concept of DevOps and Automation. Some knowledge of GitHub is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Chatbot technologies like BotPress is a big plus.
- Basic understanding of Cloud (AWS or Azure) is a plus.
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Drive to learn new technology and build in-depth technical expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and working well within teams.
- Analytical, creative and business-focused problem solver
Location in India: Bangalore
NOTE: To gain insights into “behind closed doors” aspects of the hiring process at top MNCs, you should read this book. It covers everything you would need to learn to prepare you for a serious interview with a large organisation such as Google, Disney+ Hotstar, Amazon, Microsoft, IBM and Oracle, etc.