Disney+ Hotstar is leading the way as the largest and smartest video platform in the country, reaching over 300 million users today. We have set a number of world records along the way – including for the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Disney+ Hotstar today is the one-stop destination for all your entertainment needs – from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ Originals. We’re looking for the brightest minds to build the future of TV with us.
We are striving to create the best video content destination for our consumers on a varied set of devices, from phones to tablets, including devices coming out with the bleeding edge of technology. As an engineer in the Personalisation team, you will build platforms and tools that deliver personalised recommendations to 500+ million users. You will work on building storage solutions and microservices that serve recommendations at a rate of few 100K requests per second. You will build tools that serve recommendations to our users in real-time.
The pace of our growth is incredible. If you enjoy working on problems at scale and if you want to build our platform for the next 100 million, join us!
Responsibilities of Software Development Engineer
- You will build robust, secure and scalable microservices to power the Personalisation engine at Hotstar
- You will design and implement low latency caching and storage solutions
- You will build stream processing pipelines to compute personalised recommendations for our users in real-time
- You will continuously evaluate relevant technologies, influence and drive architecture and design discussions
Eligibility of Software Development Engineer
- BE/B.Tech/M.Tech/PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
- Strong coding skills (Python or Java or Golang)
- Experience building distributed domain-driven microservices
- Strong understanding of database and storage fundamentals
- Experience with AWS stack
Location in India: Bangalore (work-from-home until Covid-19)
NOTE: To gain insights into “behind closed doors” aspects of the hiring process at top MNCs, you should read this book. It covers everything you would need to learn to prepare you for a serious interview with a large organisation such as Google, Disney+ Hotstar, Amazon, Microsoft, IBM and Oracle, etc.